Can you access all of the features of your access technology?
Since the purpose of access technology for visually impaired people, such as Braille note-takers and screen-reading software, is to provide access to everyday functions and facilities taken for granted by sighted people, whether at work, in education or at home, it follows that accessibility improves if you can get the most out of your access technology. Learning how to use your access technology to the full is therefore essential and professional training provides the easiest and quickest learning path.
Our training services
We provide training in relation to:
- Jaws for Windows screen reader
- NVDA - a very good free screen reader for Windows
- Humanware BrailleNote
- Humanware Victor Reader Stream
- Kurzweil 1000 OCR scanning software
- Android phone accessibility
- Audacity - a free but very comprehensive sound editor application
- Obi 2.0 Daisy book authoring software
Your training needs
Training can be expensive and, depending on your own experience with computer technology, it may not always be necessary.
So, before engaging us to provide you with professional training to meet your needs, consider which of the following points apply to you:
- you have just got some new access technology and you are not sure where to begin
- you have been using your access technology for a while but you are aware that there are features which you do not fully understand or which you cannot work out how to access
- you find the supplied user guide or help system for the access technology unhelpful or difficult to use
- you need to be up and running with your access technology as quickly as possible but you do not have the time to pore through the user guide or help system
- you are aware that your friends or colleagues are using their technology to access services that you do not know how to access
- you think that you are using your access technology at a sufficiently high level but you are aware that it takes you longer to perform certain tasks than others
- you have been using your access technology for a while but you would just like some training to ensure that you are not missing out.
Our training methods
If any of the above situations applies to you, then you will benefit from professional training from VICT Consultancy. We provide training specifically customised to meet your needs:
- at your place of work, learning institution or home
- by telephone
- by free voice communication over the internet using Skype
- by podcast and other downloads
Training at your place of work, learning institution or home
Face to face training can be provided anywhere within Great Britain, depending on budget and learning requirements. If you are not in Great Britain, then you can take advantage of any or all of the following training methods.
Training by telephone
Don't call us - we'll call you! If you cannot use Skype for any reason, we can call you to provide a training session.
Training over Skype
If you are not already using Skype for free voice communication over the internet, we can help you set it up on your computer so that you can receive training no matter where you are in the world.
Check out our downloadable podcasts and Daisy books on our products page which are designed to give practical, real-world examples of particular tasks in a way which will make more sense to you.
Training Availability and costs
Training sessions can be arranged Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 21:00 GMT but can also be provided outwith these times in special circumstances.
Visit our charges page for details on our training fees.
How to book a training session
Please contact us to find out how we can help with your training needs or simply to book a training session.